What is MacTechnics?
MacTechnics, the Ann Arbor Computer Users Group, is one of the largest Macintosh User Groups in Michigan and is comprised of all types of Macintosh users from novice to professional. Formed in the Fall of 1984, MacTechnics' goal is to expand computer literacy in an interesting and entertaining way.
MacTechnics meets the 3rd Saturday of each month in Ann Arbor. Registration opens @9:00 AM, with Special Interest Groups beginning at 9:30 AM and running through 10:30. The Main Meeting presentation normally begins @ 11:00 AM and may run through 1:00 PM.
Directions to our meeting locations can be found by using the Google map provided on the Home page.
- A Newsletter detailing planned activities, providing news, reviews and evaluations of popular programs.
- A website, www.mactechnics.org, with news, events and conferences of interest to members of the Mac community.
- Special Interest Groups. SIG's are available to all members and meet from 9:30 - 11:00 am the day of the main meeting. You should check in at the Registration Desk for a list of current SIG's and their classroom locations.
- Retail books offered at discounts due to user group purchasing.
- User Group discounts on Software and Hardware.
- Participation in raffles, Sharing information, knowledge and experiences with other MacTechnics Members.
- New Membership (1 year - $40)
- Renewal Membership (1 year - $35)
- Student Membership (1 year - $20 with copy of current ID card)
- Family Membership UPGRADE (1 year - $15.00 extra card with Regular or Student Membership)
- Corporate Membership (1 year $100 which includes 4 membership cards, 4 newsletters, and 1/8 page ad in the newsletter)
- Donations (Your tax deductable donations are always welcome)